Monday, December 8, 2014

And then there were 3

Maintaining clear and effective communication is tough even when there is only 1 (one) person involved as Guardian, when 3 (three) are involved...at the same time...THAT takes creativity.
The State Homecare Rep...Vicki R...contacted Mom (Ann-Guardian #1) about Paul's money he gets each month. She tells Mom that Paul is no longer doing his "job" at ORI. (Opportunity Resources Inc) This is news as we (all three of us) were unaware that this change happened. Then she lets Mom know that his income can no longer afford his life insurance. ($83/month) Now, since she took over Paul's case she has been trying to get rid of Paul's insurance. Several years ago we made the decision to purchase life insurance for Paul so that there is enough to cover his funeral expenses when he leaves us. Now, Vicki decided it doesn't need paid...so Mom is covering it on short notice. (That's how the State does things...on short notice...and Paul's needs are not being taken care of) Then Vicki informs Mom that he needs new shoes, and compression socks and those things that Medicaid has covered in the past. She lays this all on Mom's doorstep, plus that there will be a meeting on Dec 16th at 1pm Pacific time. One down.

On my part (Guardian #2), I am talking with his caregivers and found all this out a couple weeks ago and I  guess my questions and ideas were given to Vicki and she went to Mom, because she won't talk to my sister or me.

(I am receiving information through the medical cites like Therap and My Chart from his caregivers and doctors.)

I quickly communicated with Kate at ORI and asked about Paul and his job and am waiting to receive their input. Communication #2.

Anastasia (Guardian #3) is not answering her phone. She contacted me last week and I caught her up to date on what I knew then. Mentioned that I needed her in Missoula as soon as she left Billings as Paul and his services need some family assistance. She wasn't planning on going there for another week or two. Mom and I haven't heard from her since Saturday so she is going in blind and unaware and well...she bites at communication!
What my sister will find out will of course be different from what Mom and I have found out due to whom she decides to get the information from first.

Here's to hoping that she will reach out to Mom and I very soon...like today...and we can get her caught up and make a decision as to where to go with Paul's care so his caregivers and wrap around team will be on board and stability is brought back to Paul's world.

Will leave with another Calvin and Hobbes moment.


THAT'S how we see Paul and how Paul sees Paul. We WILL get back there. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment